The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch for McHenry County from Tuesday morning until Wednesday afternoon.
Because of shifting weather, decisions for delayed starts may be made the same morning. Please be prepared for a potential change in school schedules. Student safety is our priority.
Early Dismissal & Delayed Starts
For your child’s safety, make certain your child knows ahead of time where to go in case of an early dismissal. If school dismisses early for an emergency, all after-school functions are automatically cancelled.
On delayed start schedule days, district buses will arrive at the scheduled pick-up points two hours later than their regularly-scheduled time. Students who walk or drive to school should arrive at the times listed below. In the event a delayed start schedule is used, class periods will be shortened to accommodate a shorter day, but dismissal times will not change.
Delayed Start Schedule
- No morning session
- Afternoon 11:50 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
- Crosby Elementary: 10:10 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.
- Jefferson Elementary: 9:55 a.m. – 2:55 p.m.
- Harvard Jr. High: 10:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Harvard High School: 10:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Delayed Start Adjustments
- Students arrive at the bus stop two hours later than your normal scheduled time
- Parents dropping off students, students who walk, and students driving to school should arrive 2 hours after their regular arrival times.
- Morning Washington School session cancelled
- Before-school programs will be cancelled
- After-school athletic programs will maintain normal schedules unless otherwise notified
- The decision to close schools or to open with a delayed start will be communicated as early as possible.
- If the decision is made for a two-hour delayed start, but worsening weather requires the closure of schools, an announcement will be made.
- Families and employees will receive a phone call, and closing information will be shared with local radio/TV stations, posted on the district website, and district social media pages.
Update Your Contact Information
It is important for schools to have accurate contact information for all families and employees. If your phone number or email address changes, please update that information in TeacherEase.
Winter Storm Preparedness Guide – Illinois Emergency Management Agency
Snowstorms & Extreme Cold – U.S. Department of Homeland Security
The following stations will broadcast closing information: