WHIW 101.3 FM Harvard Community Radio‘s Jay Schulz speaks with Superintendent Dr. Corey Tafoya about current school closures and the impact of COVID-19 on our community.
Key points from the interview:
- e-Learning is for enrichment.
- The district has ordered additional internet hotspots for families.
- Meal service will be available at Jefferson Elementary from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. during Spring Break.
- The district expects school closures to last longer than the current guidelines.
- Teachers and staff are working with students remotely and developing curriculum.
- Facilities staff are deep cleaning all our buildings.