- This event has passed.
School to School Exchange – Harvard/Madrid – Informational Meeting
February 14 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
For the 2019-2020 school year, Harvard High School will offer a school to school exchange with IES Las Musas in Madrid, Spain. Students from Madrid will visit Harvard in the fall of 2019. In the spring of 2020, Harvard High School students will visit Madrid. The program is an outstanding academic enrichment program open to all current juniors, sophomores, and freshmen.
The first informational meeting is February 14 at 6 p.m. in Room 206 at Harvard High School.
School to School Exchange gives you the opportunity to discover another culture through first-hand experience. By going beyond the classroom, you will be immersed in another language, culture, family, and lifestyle—gaining more than you ever could from a textbook. High school exchanges are typically many students’ first step toward extended stays abroad and long term language fluency.
How the Program Works
- Your language teacher or school faculty will work with Greenheart Exchange to provide information to you and your family about your international school match.
- You will complete an application including a letter to your potential host family and some photos.
- Matches are made and your exchange student will visit your home for 2-3weeks, attend classes, and participate in scheduled cultural activities.
- In return, the partner school will host you and your classmates. In some cases, you may visit your exchange participant first. You will live with your exchange counterpart and their family and enjoy an equally enriching academic and cultural experience.
Provided by Greenheart Exchange
- A partner school in the country of your school’s choice
- International roundtrip airfare
- Full accident and medical insurance for all participants
- Emergency support from Greenheart Exchange’s National Office in Chicago, IL
- Cultural information for you and your family to prepare for the exchange experience