We LOVE our
Working as a sub is immensely rewarding. Submit your contact information, and our staff will walk you through the steps to becoming a substitute.
Why sub in Harvard?
- Our kids are fantastic, inquisitive, talented, funny, and never dull. And as a sub, you can make a positive difference in students’ lives.
- You get to choose your schedule.
- The starting day rate is $100.
- After ten days of subbing, the day rate increases to $110.
- You’ll have a teacher mentor assigned to you, so you’ll know who to turn to for answers.
- You’ll have prepared seating charts and lesson plans waiting for you (yes, really).
- Our building administrators are there to support you.
- For parents, subbing offers working hours that align with children’s schedules.
- Cubicles are boring. Classrooms are inspiring.
- For substitute licenses issued after July 1, 2017, the Illinois State Board of Education will reimburse your application and registration fees after ten days of subbing.
- If you’re looking for long-term employment, substitutes have the unique advantage to become better acquainted with our district and future career opportunities.
- As a substitute, you must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education. You do not need to be an education major.
- You’ll also need a substitute teacher’s license, but don’t worry, we’ll guide you through the application process.
- Individuals with a professional educator license do not need a substitute teaching license.